Park Rules and Regulations
The Borough of Carnegie has one major park, Carnegie Park on Forsythe Road, and three smaller neighborhood parks, Seventh Avenue Park, Chiodo Field and Irishtown Park. The following rules and regulations apply to all of the parks. To reserve a shelter at Carnegie Park or to use a park for a private or public event, please contact the Borough Secretary at 412-276-1414, Ext. 1421 or at email@example.com.
Rental fees for Carnegie Park Shelters:
Borough Residents: $150.00
Non - Residents: $200.00
Alcohol Permit: $25.00
Security Deposit: $50.00
Security deposit will be returned once shelter has been inspected by the Department of Public Works following rental.
These fees can only be accepted in the form of a check or money order. When paying, the shelter and alcohol fee can be combined; however, the security deposit will need to be separate. Please call or e-mail for any fee related questions. Thank you.
Click here to view and/or print the Carnegie Park Shelter Rental Agreement.
2015 Park Shelter Rentals will commence on March 1, 2015.
2015 Carnegie Park Rental Calendar
N - New Shelter S - Stone Shelter
Red indicates Shelter is not available: Please contact Borough Administration for confirmation of availability.
*** Rental of the New Shelter is not available during the months of
September and October. Rental of the Stone Shelter is not
available from October 17 through October 31. Please contact
412-276-1414, Ext. 1421 for details.
Rules for Use of Parks
Purpose. It is the intent and purpose of the Borough of Carnegie to insure the protection of public park lands, recreation facilities and conservation areas within the Borough for the perpetual enjoyment of the residents.
- Grass areas must not be used for roadways, parking or for other purposes which may injure or destroy the turf or landscaping. The use of "metal detectors," digging, pounding stakes or the erection of tents and canopies is prohibited.
- Trees, shrubs, hedges, berries, wild flowers or other flowers must not be picked, cut, broken or injured in any way whatsoever.
- Buildings, fences, fountains, benches or signs must not be injured or defaced in any way.
- Paper, rubbish, glass bottles or any refuse whatsoever must not be scattered but must be deposited in receptacles provided for that purpose. Trash receptacles and dumpsters located on park property are to be used solely for park litter and picnic trash. Use of the dumpsters for personal trash, home of business rubbish and rubbish from the cleaning of vehicles is prohibited.
- No hunting will be allowed in the park proper.
- Lotteries or other gambling or games of chance, drunkenness, disorderly or indecent conduct and profane or offensive language are prohibited.
- The park will not be used for cleaning, polishing or repairing of automobiles.
- It shall be unlawful for any person to have in his or her possession, custody or control any alcoholic beverage, including beer, of any kind whatsoever in any of the Carnegie Borough Parks, Conservation or Recreation Areas without first obtaining a permit and entering into the required releases and hold harmless agreements with the Borough. All beer must be in kegs and consumption of such beverage is limited to the shelter rented by park patrons.
- The sale of tickets or any commodities by groups is prohibited without authorization of the Borough of Carnegie.
- Recreation, park and conservation areas shall be open daily to the public from 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. (unless otherwise authorized for special events) and shall be unlawful for any other person or persons to be in the park. No permit is available for use after 11:00 p.m. for special activities.
- A fee will accompany any request for reservation of the shelters and a deposit will accompany the fee to guarantee that the shelter and grounds around the shelter have been cleaned and left in the same condition as received. Reservations are made at the Municipal Building. Fees are scheduled and adopted by resolution in January of each year by the Borough Council; consequently, they are subject to change in January each year.
- Park patrons must abide by the rules for the tennis, basketball and hockey courts as posted in the park and a fee charged for their use.
- Dogs or other domestic animals are prohibited in the park.
- Fires may not be built or allowed anywhere in the park other than in the stoves or fireplaces provided for that purpose.
- The use and discharge of any fireworks at any time in keeping with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the ordinances of the Borough of Carnegie is prohibited.
- No permits will be issued for fires to be maintained after the closing time of 10:30 p.m.
- Public meetings, assemblages or parades may not take place within the park limits without the permission of the Borough Manager or his/her designee.
- No person or persons whatsoever may sell or offer to sell any article or service for hire within the limits of the park or set up therein any stand or booth for such purpose, or distribute or display handbills, cards or advertisements of any nature whatsoever, unless duly authorized to do so by the Director, Parks and Recreation.
- Picnics will be allowed only on locations provided for that purpose. Persons holding picnics shall clean up and place all waste paper and other refuse in reception provided for that purpose.
- A rate of speed exceeding fifteen (15) miles per hour is prohibited in the park. Operation of a vehicle in a reckless or negligent manner, or in the excess of the posted speed limit, is prohibited.
- The use of motor scooters and motorcycles in the park is prohibited.
- Only licensed motor vehicles shall be permitted on designated roadways. Motor scooters, motorcycles, mini bikes, go-carts, snowmobiles and all terrain vehicles (ATVs) shall not be permitted in the Borough parks, recreation areas and conservation areas. All vehicles shall be parked in areas or places so designated. Parking in places contrary to posted regulations and times is prohibited and such vehicles may be removed by the Borough at the owner’s expense. All parking is prohibited after regular closing time at 10:30 p.m.
- It shall be unlawful for any person in the park, recreation or conservation area to:
- Disturb the peace or use profane or obscene language.
- Endanger the safety of any person or property by any conduct or act.
- Commit any assault, battery or engage in fighting.
- Engage in any sexual activity in any form.
- Carry, possess or drink any alcoholic beverage including beer, without permit available with shelter and/or building reservation. All such alcoholic beverage consumption is restricted and subject to the rules and regulations of shelter rental. Those under the legal drinking age and actors responsible for the distribution of alcoholic beverages to minors will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. No alcoholic beverages are permitted in glass containers and alcoholic beverages must be confined to the shelter for which the permit is obtained.
- Violate any rules for the use of the park, made or approved by the Borough Council.
- Prevent any person from using any park or any of its facilities or interfere with such use in compliance with this Part and the rules applicable to such use.
- Act in an unlawful, disorderly or disruptive manner, or against the best interests of the areas or other people.
Any person violating any of the provisions of these rules or fails to comply with any rule or regulation established by the Borough shall be guilty of a summary offense, for each violation, punishable by a fine of not more than three hundred dollars ($300.00) plus costs of prosecution and/or be imprisoned not more than ninety (90) days.