Borough E-Mail Blast:
Connect with Carnegie for
upcoming events &
here & send to receive information & updates
via E-Mail Blast. Send any suggestions you may have for future blasts. To learn more
E-Mail Blast & related events, call the Carnegie Borough
Building at 412)
Here you will find information for both residents and visitors of
Carnegie including information on borough administration, committees,
agendas and minutes for recent borough council meetings. You can read and
download basic tax information for residents and businesses, plus forms and
applications required by the borough.
- Carnegie was incorporated on March 1, 1894. Neighborhoods include Rosslyn Heights, Cubbage Hill, Irishtown, Forsythe Hill, Library Hill, & Old Mansfield.
- Its location is 40�24′25″N 80�5′12″W, approximately 5 miles (8 km) southwest of Pittsburgh. Chartiers Creek runs through its center.
- United States Census Bureau - the borough has a total area of 1.6 square miles, all of it land. Its average elevation is 833 ft (254 m) above sea level.
- As of the 2010 census, there were
7,972 people, 3,967 households, & 2,134 families residing in the borough. The population density was 5,076.7 people per square mile (1,963.0/km�). There were 4,249 housing units at an average density of 2,571.3 per square mile (994.3/km�).
- Carnegie is part of the 18th Congressional District.
- Carnegie's students are served by the Carlynton School District.